Spring Street splashes out over $65 Bn of taxpayers hard earned cash each year; more than the amount Australians are able to afford to contribute to their super each year.
This hard earned cash is being misspent on roads to nowhere, level crossings in the sky, giveaways to well-heeled sporting bodies and make work projects. It should be invested in:
- supporting the homeless and destitute for shelter and regaining their lives
- assisting the disadvantaged and troubled with centres for treatment and remediation
- getting off the train of outsourcing aged care and elderly retirement services to the private sector
- and invigorating communities – making them more secure by deploying surveillance, prevention and detection technology solutions.
- and harnessing the energy of Victorian, across the generations .
The Premier and his team hold the Andrews Book of Records for the most expensive road in the world – which was never built !
The cost to cancel was $1.1Bn – more than spent on new schools, aged care services for the elderly, hospital improvements and 40 times what the 2017-18 state budget reported to be spent over 3 years on improving rooming houses.
The Premier received over $11bn for selling the Melbourne ports and wasn’t going to leave it to his successors at any cost, opting to spend it on make work construction projects .
With an $8.3Bn tag and rising every day, and up to 50 level crossings, the price tag is ballooning out, with it shaving off 1-2minutes or less off journeys, but offering an “open wallet” for all the construction stakeholders.
Providing a $225m funding facility to the AFL , the ultimate well heeled sporting body , to revamp the Etihad stadium and associated sporting facilities.
It’s all wrong – The Mad as Hell party will sort it